#PublicGoodAppHouse Demo Breakfast San Francisco.
Nonprofits, advocates, volunteers, and developers: Care about how technology can be better used to support social innovation? Want to use your app development skills to solve nonprofit problems?
Join us for breakfast and demos of social benefit apps and meet like-minded people in the San Francisco region’s social good tech community.
List of Demo Participants: TBA
This event is for nonprofits and their supporters with ideas and developers who have made prototypes or apps for social benefit. All you need is your brain, your passion, your interest, and your openness when you come to a Public Good App House Demo Breakfast. We welcome all interested people, including engaged community members, activists, funders, designers, and developers. Tech or Nonprofit experience is not required to attend these events. Public Good Tech apps are built to enhance communities and all are invited.
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am: Check-in, networking, and breakfast
- 10:30 am – 10:40 am: Welcome from Caravan Studios and The Impact Hub
- 10:40 am – 10:50 am: Special Guest Announcements
- 10:50 am – 11:50 pm: DEMOS (6 demos, 5 min each) + Audience Q&A
- 11:50 am – 12:10 pm: Feedback from Nonprofits / Group Discussion / Announcements
- 12:10 pm – 1:00 pm: Networking
Breakfast will be provided. Free to attend; RSVP required. Space is limited.
These demos of Public Good Technology apps will provide:
- Developers with a place to share their prototypes and apps with the subject matter experts who can provide useful feedback from direct experiences in the sector.
- Nonprofits with opportunities to see what kind of apps for social change are being created and what is possible.
Our goal is to create tools and apps that make the world a better place.
We hope to demystify conversations around civic and open data to nonprofits and help them realize that their ideas can contribute to apps for social and civic benefit.
It should be an inspiring, fun, and informative conversation that will influence community-relevant tool development. You will meet and learn from tech developers, nonprofits, influencers, product designers, and civic leaders who will offer guidance and feedback
- Get ideas from nonprofits and issue advocates, and turn those ideas into an actionable format so developers could build on them and eventually turn those ideas into apps.
- Create a discussion environment between software engineers and social change agents and demystify apps for social benefit.
If you’ve found yourself wondering if your org needs a mobile app, we’ll show you examples of apps for social benefit that are already in use. You’ll have an opportunity to share your organization’s real-world problems with the people who may be able to translate those challenges into tools that support your work. We’d love to help you get to the next level and build apps for your nonprofit cause. What we ask of you:
- Come with ideas for how technology can be implemented
- Bring anyone on your team in charge of implementing technology
- Be ready to brainstorm ideas with developers
HACKERS & DEVELOPERS:
Have you created an app, platform or functional prototype for social benefit? Share it with the nonprofit community!
What we ask of you:
- Five-minute demo of your app/project that is available to the public on the web.
- Ask questions about the usability of your app and be ready to discuss feedback
Thanks to our Sponsors!
Interested in speaking, sponsoring, presenting a demo, volunteering, or have questions?
Contact: Susan Tenby, firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to all Events